In my distributed systems BCIT option, I learned Java Stripes web framework and Erlang functional language. Naturally, I was curious about ways to connect the two together.
The chat application uses the following components:
- to handle chat messages and send them to users, Erlang sevchat_server,
- to send and receive messages to/from Erlang server, java classes with OTP Erlang library,
- to create and store clients logins, Erlang node settings, etc; postgreSQL database.
The user are able to do the following:
- register themselves with their username, password, and name,
- log in with their username and password,
- view all connected users,
- chat with all connected users,
- and send private messages to selected users.
Finally, all messages are logged in PostgreSQL database.